Sunday, December 10, 2006

One more week before finals!

For the past six months many things happen.
To hear that I had a new nephew only to face that the day afterwards I broke up with my girlfriend. And it all happens in a road trip with other friends.
To ask God specifically, for me to not in a relationship at all this semester. He graciously grant that to me.
At least dua orang yang gue kenal, relativenya kena cancer.
Dua orang temen gue, relativenya ada yang meninggal.
Sementara, I have a new niece that was born in this world.
Life and death is a mistery.
Trying to not be active. Unplugged from my church.
This unplugged meaning that I just go regularly to one event and being committed to one thing.
Not active meaning that I pretty much involved all the way through this Christmas celebration.
Ngisi 4 acara dari 5 atau 6 acara yang ada.
Trying to run away from my broken relationship.
Ended learning a lot in the process. Really really appreciate the love that she gave to me. Really really learn that she was selfless all the way through the end.
Re-introduce to the love of God.
Re-introduce to the spiritual realm of life.
Learning to let go.
Learned that:
The only way to “take control” of your life, including your relationships, is to give up control to the One Who will bring you true life, true love, in His time, if you let Him.

But one major theme of this semester is: being selfless.

I have found at least two persons that have been so selfless to me and I realized that I am learning it this whole semester, on how to be selfless.

One other thing is: being sick.
Wow... I've never been this sick before in Madison. It was so devastating for me. Want to sleep. Can't. Want to study. Can't. Frustrated.
But hey in the end, as I see things in God's eye, I saw that it's all in His design. Happy times, bless Him. Bad times, bless Him. It's not as easy as it sounds, but it really is rewarding. You made everything perfect. Everything meaning, every single thing.

So now, after God, after condition, after all these things that has shaken my life, I have to focus on the next big thing: final. It's in a week from now. It will be a lot of restless time for me. But I have to trust in one big thing, as St. Augustine put it, "You have made us for yourself, and our hearts are restless, until we rest in You!" I have to fix my eyes on Jesus, on Christ. I have to rest assure it to Him that would make everything perfect in His time. I strongly and firmly believe in that. And I hope you do too.

Tune

Lastly, to those two selfless persons, thank you. I really do appreciate your selflessness.

No comments: