Dear blog,
Mengapa saya menjadi lebih malas ketika saatnya tiba untuk belajar dengan sungguh sungguh buat final exam yah?
Need to improve on this one.
Btw, loving this song:
The title: At The Cross
Sung by: Darlene Zsech, Hillsong Church Australia
I came across it, from Karen Edmisten Blog, which I came across from one of an apologetic author blog, Mike Auqilina.
Karen is praying for Heather. So, I click the link to Heather blog.
Interesting, isn't it? Anyway, Mike Aquilina itu salah satu author yang gue came across two 1/2 years ago, where I read through like a 200 page book in a week during summer break, since I need to return it to someone before I went home to Indonesia. The book is called, "Mass of the Early Christian". It show the progression of how mass goes from the first centuries until this point in the 21st century. How mass at the first century was something sacred and just for a limited people who has been baptized and no non-baptized people were allowed to be in the room where the Eucharist was celebrated. The first account of the Eucharist in paper is by someone who openly talked about it was an apologetic to the Roman empire that has been accusing the Christian community to be sadistic cannibal that eats and drinks blood. It is true and it is wrong to say that, but won't talk about it into details.
One cool thing about the Eucharist of the early century is that some of the wording that was found in the 4th century was currently still being used in our 21st century of the Eucharist. I think that is pretty sweet!
One other thing was that in the end of his book, he tries to let us kinda be in the footstep of a Christian, in a Jewish community under the Roman empire, that is being persecuted and can be killed and thrown into the mouth of lion, would sneak on a Sunday morning, a weekday for Jewish people, to go to someone's house for the celebration of the Eucharist. Have you ever thought about that? I know I have not until I read this book. That is a something. I took it for granted that Sunday has always been a holiday for everyone. Not in the Jewish faith in the first Century.
Anyway, back to Heather. Tomorrow (May 3rd), she is going to have a brain tumor surgery. Hope we all can pray for her.
That's all for today.
Atun
Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Tun, who is Heather?
Post a Comment