I think... I really often caught up with two things: things of the past, and things of the present.
As I was writing this blog, I kept thinking... It's thirty minutes before volleyball. Should I not write, should I just put it off until later? You know... I live 30 minutes after right now. And not realizing that times pass by.
Things that always makes me want to live in the past is: Oh, last year retreat was so much better, last semester classes were so much better, last week weekend was so much fun and on and on... I live in the past, not knowing that the present is currently "on air".
You know, sins, mistakes, hurt, can make us live so much in the past, that we even forget how it feels to live in the present. We linger on that one moment in life that hurts us, that makes us feeling so low, that makes us feeling like a junk. I'm not saying that it's bad to reflect on the past, I'm saying that it's bad to live in the past.
The reverse can also be true. I am totally worried on what's gonna happen on December 1st, I am totally worried on what's gonna happen next week (three exams), I am totally worried with ... (definitely fill in the blank). Yet, the future has not even being produced yet! The future starts today.
So, living in the present moment. I want to take a deep breath, that I am fully alive now, as I am typing this words. I want to open it up, to live in the fullest, since "The glory of God is man fully alive". I want to take a moment and reflect on this word:
"We are not the sum of our failures, we are the sum of the Father's love."
We are not the product of our sins, of our doing, of our mistake, of our hurts... Those stuff happen, since, just in case those of you haven't realized it yet, and I actually just realized this a few moments ago, "we are not perfect".
We are the sum of Father's love for us.
If we do wrong doings... Don't just walk, run into confessions, where "God, the Father of mercies, through the death and resurrection of his Son has reconciled the world to himself and sent the Holy Spirit among us for the forgiveness of sins; through the ministry of the Church may God give you pardon and peace, and I absolve you from your sins in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen."
Let you and me, start over, and enjoy this living in the present moment today in this planet we called earth.
Tune
PS: and yes... I actually still have 15 minutes before my volleyball time. :) See, worrying doesn't get me nowhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Surely you type and think what to write fast.
And surely this is a good post for me.
Thank you, tune! :)
Post a Comment