Why Wednesday night? Well.. It was an accident actually. When I signed up for my adoration slot, I was under the impression that I am taking the slot for Thursday midnight. Before a phone call from the organizer of the adoration chapel, I was so sure that Thursday from midnight to 1 AM means means the Thursday to Friday midnight. It was embarrassing. I know.
As always, I would bring "The Way, Furrow, The Forge" book by St. Josemaria Escriva. It was a compilation of a sentence or two short reflection by him. I have been reading this compilation since this semester and very much liking it so much. I am currently on the chapter entitled, "You can!"
299. If there is sacrifice when you sow Love, you will also reap Love.
How much do I try to avoid sacrificing anything for the sake of my ministry here.
305. Good child: see how lovers on earth kiss the flowers, the letters, the mementos of those they love...
—Then you, how could you ever forget that you have him always at your side… yes, Him!? — How could you forget... that you can eat him?
Eating God? What a huge concept that us Catholics have on the Eucharist. And seeing You, Lord, in front of me. Radiating your divine beauty into my pour wretched soul! What a concept!
306. Put your head frequently round the oratory door to say to Jesus… I abandon myself into your arms.
—Leave everything you have — your wretchedness! — at his feet.
—In this way, in spite of the welter of things you carry along behind you, you will never lose your peace.
Peace. Abandonment. And so I poured out everything. If there is a person that came into my mind, I prayed for him/her. Offering up my libation to you. My struggle. My infatuation to that one girl.
310. The majority of people who have personal problems “have them” because they selfishly think about themselves.
How true is that? The reality of this statement sinked in. The source of my problem is me!
320. Today in your prayer you confirmed your resolution to be a saint. I understand you when you make this more specific by adding, “I know I shall succeed, not because I am sure of myself, Jesus, but because… I am sure of you.”
Your grace is enough for me. I was so frustrated with my lab reports. I have been spending countless hours on it. And still I could not get it done fast enough.
325. If it is God who lays the burden upon you, God will also give you the strength to bear it.
Indeed. Give me the strength Lord to endure this hectic life of me. Thank you for Your words...
No comments:
Post a Comment