Going to this Trappist Monastery, 1 hour away from Atlanta, I got this one book about Lectio Divina. One quotes that had such a shock in me was this quote that the author quoted from Abba Poemen, a dessert father:
The nature of water is soft, that of stone is hard; but if a bottle is hung above this stone, allowing the water to fall drop by drop, it wears away the stone. So it is with the word of God; it is soft and our heart is hard, but the [one] who hears the word of God often, opens his heart to the fear of God.
I guess I have to reorient my self back to this message, that the word of God will shape my very own being.
Atlanta has a good Indonesian authentic food too! That was the highlight of the trip: got some good, authentic Indonesian food! Got "nasi timbel", and man, that was very tasty!
With that, my letter about intercession of the saints are almost done. Now in Part Deux.
No comments:
Post a Comment