Thursday, January 01, 2009

Welcome 2009

I was lazy enough to not grab any of my mail from my mailbox at least for 2 weeks. So, I was happy to receive a couple Christmas greetings from friend and family. Thank you!

Today mark the new year of Our Lord (Anno Domine). It's 2009.

Here are some of the things that nourishes me throughout 2008:

1. Looking for the tow truck driver.

This post do actually teach me one thing, it's in understanding what the will of God for me is. It's not in understanding why things happen to me that I found God's will, it's in reaching out the aisle to the other people that was brought to me by the misfortunes in my own life. In doing so, we are helping God build His own kingdom here on earth. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done.

2. The secular war on the supernatural

This article hit me in many ways. I did remember Et-Tu mentioning about how Mother Teresa's order have a 5 hour/day prayer time, but this article hit me in the heart. It is true, the things that I do, that others do, it won't be sustained if there is no "supernatural" side of it, nothing to sustain them. The second part that this article hit me was the idea of obedience and how it really is needed (but not blind obedience). That yes, to be obedient is the character of the bride of Christ. There are other gems that I found that when I was thinking about certain things, this article would come back to haunt me (like the ghost of the past) again. It was a lovely reflection.

3. Sacred Reading. The ancient art of Lectio Divina.

The author of the book tries to remind us, where the ancient art of reading the sacred scripture started, along with the sentiment around that era. Along with it, there are plenty of anecdotes, that mesmerize me. It was one of the book that I would look back and say, "wow, this was a great book."





That's all... Happy feast day of Holy Mary, the mother of God!

Hail Mary, full of grace,
The Lord is with thee,
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb,
Jesus,

Holy Mary, mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

No comments: