Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Being Grateful and Wanting to be like My Father

I took a day off today, too weak to go to work. As I tried my best to go to sleep, it was raining outside. All is gloom and doom. After I prayed my rosary, the rain started trickling off. Ah, I loved it. The view of nature right after rain. It reminded me one quote from our Indonesian "feminist" movement, RA Kartini, that says, "after darkness, comes the light" (habis gelap, terbitlah terang). Life is a roller coaster: but do not fret, God is in control.

As I was trying to go to bed and listening to this talk on prayer, it reminded me of my nephews. When I went home this past year, I hung out a lot with two of my nephews. They were very active, loves to run around, and causing troubles. Yet, I loved them with my very own heart. One day, I asked them, "if you grow older, what do you want to do?" Without any hesitation, the older answered, "I want to be like daddy."

In his eyes, his dad is the best person in the entire world. It got me thinking: Who's my daddy? Of course I have my own dad, whom I loved very much. But there is also another daddy that I have: my Lord and my God. If I were His son, I should have His characteristics and act like His own son. But far from it, there is so much more that I need to learn in order to be entitled His son. My prayer will just be, "Give me Your eyes Lord, that I can see You in all that we do. Give me Your hands, that I may work well in what I do. Give me Your minds Father, that I may think as You think. Give me Your feet Lord, that I may walk according to Your way. And most important of all, give me Your hearts, so that I may have love for those who most needed of Your mercy."

No comments: