He then proceed by professing his love of this university. We chatted about our football program, the beauty of the university, etc. As I stepped off of the car and onto my lab, I started thinking, "will I miss this place?"
I will. I will miss:
- Seeing the combination of logos and the statue of Jesus on top of it, and sapientia with the statue of Mary every morning as I walked on both sides across the Law building arch.
- Going to the 8:00 AM daily mass at the Stinson-Remick Chapel. Almost about every day, I have to run to the chapel, since I am usually late to mass. As much as I hated to do that, I still end up waking up a bit late, most of the day.
- The Grotto of our Lady of Lourdes. I've prayed countless prayers there. Lit more candles than I wanted to admit. Touched the stone that was brought from Lourdes every time I was there.
It is a source of hope. That amidst all its uncertainty, God is still here. We still have Mary that will intercede for my prayer. That God knows that His will is the best. In every single circumstances that I have to encounter. I just can't see it, yet. - Saturday with the saints on every home game football. Ever since its conception, I have been to most of the series lecture. It's always a delight to hear the professors of Theology at ND speaks about different saints. It brings hope too, to see many people attend the lecture each time.
- Vespers at the basilica. It is a nice ending to the weekend. To be able to sing the psalms and catch up with the regulars who go to the vespers.
- My lab. Where I spend most of my life nowadays. It is one spanking new lab in the dilapidated engineering hall.
But most of all, its catholic culture. I haven't seen an area that is as catholic as this area. I hope that once I am done with my study, I can bring lessons learned from this place and put it in good use, wherever God wants me to be. As for now: I'll stay put. Use me Lord. I am Yours.
No comments:
Post a Comment