Monday, June 18, 2007

Letting Go

Learning to Let Go

Me, stand, today at this point in time
It's the best time of my life
Because I can't move back
Nor can I go forward

What is over
Is over.

I can't just sit here
Wanting to go back in time
To change that moment

Yes.
I cherished them.
But yes,
It's over.

To let go
Let go of you
The one thing that I always hang on to
Back on the days
The one thing that I never want to hurt
But have always hurt you anyway

No
I don't want to sweep that time away from my memory.
It happened,
It truly happened,
And I know that was the best moment of my life so far
That smile on your face
Always cheers the darkest night
The darkest sorrow and pain
Thank you.

But now,
I can't hang on it any longer
It is over
In fact it was over a long time ago
Time went by...
But I stopped.

Now,
I have to move on
I have to start over
I have to let go.

I want to live my life
I know that past is over,
and
Future has not been created yet,
and
Present is being made in this point.
Right now.

So,
Take my hand Lord,
I will let my heart open,
so that You can fill me over again
with Your love.

Atun

PS: What inspires me to write this poem? The 20th episode of Season 1 of Lost. Funny, isn't it? :)

1 comment:

elka said...

OK deeeh yang lagi seru nonton Lost Hahaha...
Btw I wish I could easily say that Tun... Sigh... You know me...