I just watch a DVD titled, "Pope John Paul II". It is a great movie!
Throughout the movie, the Pope talks about the dignity of human person. The dignity of woman. The dignity of life. The dignity of love.
The gospel of suffering. That is what this world see in Pope JP II. It is not a suburban gospel that we hear a lot in mega churches all over this country. That if you follow Christ, Christ will bless you abundantly. Non-sense. It is exactly the opposite, He is asking you to take up your cross and follow Him.
There is that one scene in the movie, where one of his friend was abducted by the Nazi because his friend was a Jew. Young Karol (Pope JP II) saw the scene and immediately followed this guy (M) with his bike. While M was being told to sit, he shouted with a loud voice, "I am Jewish! I am Polish! I love my country! I am Jewish! I am Polish!" over and over while the soldiers was trying to shut him up and eventually was able to do so. Young Karol saw that scene while he was trying to say his last goodbye to M, knowing that it might be his last time seeing M.
That scene hit home to me. The movie showed how much the Pope miss Poland and yet he knows that he is doing something for the world... and for Poland in a way.
Am I doing something in this Madison world? Maybe. But, I do miss Indonesia. I do miss Cirebon. As I am talking with my friends from high school right now, how I miss speaking Cirebonese. How much I miss friends and families. Each of them are in my prayer.
Finally: I am Indonesian! I am ethnically Chinese! I love my country! Viva Indonesia!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment