Greetings from Taipei!
Here are some of the reflections that is in my mind and heart while I was at home:
1. It's been a year and a half since I went home. Things are changing. The old house are getting a major "extreme makeover:home edition" style. There are several other houses that are being built by my parents as well.
2. Nephews and nieces have grown older. True stories, my four year old nephew, on the second day me being home said, "Ncek, why don't you just go back to where you were?" That incident happen because I have been yelling and giving them some disciplinary actions in the first few days I was there. Surely I thought in my mind, "Something tells me, this is going to be a very interesting holiday."
3. Family matters. I don't think I have the right to disclose what kind of problems my siblings are having back at home. But as I wrote in the earlier post, it has given me some sleepless nights. In varying degrees, each of my siblings has their own problems and all I could do is to lend an ear to their problems and say a few prayers for them.
4. Vacation to Bali. It was my first time going to Bali. I loved it. The hotel is really nice. Ubud, Uluwatu, and Tanjung Benoa was awesome (I do not like Kuta though). I went parasailing and jet skiing in Tanjung Benoa! It was a rush of adrenaline and tons of fun!
5. Vacation to Surabaya. It was a "culinary tour" to put it simply. From "semanggi" to "ote ote" was tried and I thought it was a fun experiment! We went and saw the "lapindo incident" too! The city was better than Jakarta in terms of traffic (I couldn't bear the traffic congestion in the capital of our country), which makes it a nice place to live as well, in my opinion.
Well off to the states!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
atun. i apologize for the late comment..havent been on the internet much since uni started. certainly, there are times when family are faced with problems...and the pain would always be there because there is not much we can do to alleviate the situation. my family is not the best in terms of peacefulness or togetherness. but we got through the tough times (^^) in the end, i think it all comes down to trust. believing in each and every individual in our family...and the time will come when the clouds cleared and the sunrays reach to brighten our days.give them support in a way that you know, they will get the most benefit...whether its critique or encouragement. look forward to catching up with you soon, i hope. glad you had a blast in bali+sby hee hee. take care
Post a Comment