Sunday, September 21, 2008

On being content

This past weekend I went to Lenexa, KS for a national conference with the Italian sisters.

Before I left, I was contemplating on this idea of picking up your cross daily. During one of the meditation, the speaker meditated on this passage actually. Divine providence! It just got me. Thank you Lord for the assurance that You gave to me.

So then, I started to meditate on the word: content.

The next moment of meditation was: adoration. During adoration, it was as if God asked me, "So, are you content now?" Am I satisfied with what I have right now? God reminded me of all the small little things that I have been complaining about: Why do I have to move Lord? Where is the "other half" Lord? Why is this happening with my family Lord? Why?
Afterwards He put perspective into my struggles. "You know, in the end Son, things will be alright." I cried silently in my heart saying, "Yes Lord, I am content now."

As Sunday was my birthday. I looked back to my life: Who said Yes to Christ? That made me the very person that I am right now?

It started with Mary's yes, saying, "I am the handmaids of the Lord, let it be done to me according to Your words."

It came into its peak with Christ saying, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup away from me; still, not my will but Yours be done."

Over that 2000 years, countless people say "Yes" to Christ, including this Dutch priest, who chose to sailed from his homeland to my hometown.

He touched me, with his love, which is the radiation of the universal and the personal love of Christ to all mankind.

If I didn't say "yes" to that invitation from a friend of mine to enter RCIA, I wouldn't become a catholic by now.

If I didn't say "yes" to that invitation from a friend of mine to join the Charismatic Catholic community back home, Christ wouldn't have that much of an impact in my life.

If my teachers didn't say "yes" in giving me recommendations for college admissions process, I wouldn't be able to go to college in the States.

Lastly, if my mom didn't say "yes" for having me, when she was contemplating on aborting me, I wouldn't have existed.

And for that countless "yes" that others have said. I would like to say, "Thank you."

The details have been more or less like a roller coaster (moving from the midwest, family matters, new nephews and nieces, our Indonesian Catholic community, etc), but in the grand scheme of things, I know that... "He is the all sustaining, all loving, all powerful," and He cares for me.

Thank you. It has been the most wonderful time of my life. It has been the craziest roller coaster ride for the past 22 years of my life. But, I know that I am in good company. And for this, I am content.

No comments: