| The Colbert Report | Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c | |||
| Stephen Prothero | ||||
| ||||
When I was in college, suffering may very well be the constant theme. But, when I think of who would I think of when I talked about this redemptive meaning of suffering, one person came to my mind: A.
Meet A, a chemical engineering student who complains constantly. I'm with her in most of the classes and I have never seen anyone who could complain as much as her. Then came graduation ceremony that my department threw for us and our parents. She came with her baby and her husband. I was surprised. I did not know that she just had a baby.
How judgmental I was! Here I was just a plain student and got frustrated when somebody complains, and here she was complaining anything but the baby. She never mentioned to us that she had one and I was humbled by that very fact.
Now, I very well know the goodies that one must go through when one has a baby: lack of sleep, constant care, learn new things every single day, diapers, fever, and others. But how? how can one suffer all these and not complain?
I can't. God knows I can't. But this is why God's grace is needed. His grace would show who's the big guy. Who's the real hero behind our striving while we are going through the suffering that we have here in our lives.
As for A: my prayers be with you. Sorry for all the negative thoughts that I have had while having you around. I hope the cute little baby is growing each and every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment