It had been a great beginning of the week. Had a wonderful discussion on the beginning of our Monday group discussion and definitely enjoyed Mother Teresa's book: Come be my light, up to the point of blogging about it and it marked the 40th day before the beginning of August. Come Tuesday, went to daily mass, bought some ingredients to cook and had a great time playing volleyball. Then... I twisted my ankle. Even though I decided not to play for a game after the incident, I ended up playing for 2 more games before I left and went home. I ended up staying in bed and was unable to function properly for the rest of the week.
In short: I stayed still and rest.
All week, what I had in my thought was that in some way, God is trying to teach me to pray Mother Teresa's prayer as I requested from last week.
So, what did I learn?
Humility
I realized in a deeper level that my being, without God's grace, can fall into pieces very easily.
The suffering of those who are in special needs
I got frustrated with the fact that it took so much effort to go across from one side of my apartment (bedroom) to the other (kitchen). This condition is a temporary one for me, but as for those who are bounded in wheel chair permanently? That has got to crush their soul and willingness to live.
God's will are not my will
Last Wednesday, June 23rd marked my 13th anniversary of being Catholic. I had all these thoughts on how I should spent my day (went to mass, went to adoration, etc.), but that all came to bust. God is definitely trying to shake me up and shout, "Hey, I've got better plans than you do." And that plan involves staying in bed for the whole day.
Suffering
What did I do to get through the day while I was resting? I played video games on my DS, I watched a couple of good Japanese movies and dramas, and I finished my book. In a sentence: I tried to find ways to distract myself from this suffering that I had to endure. Yet, I know I should put more of my time in prayer and offer up this little annoyance that I had to endure for somebody else who needs that prayer.
I guess that's what I will be learning this week: the redemptive meaning of suffering.
My bruised leg as of today
No comments:
Post a Comment