"Take whatever He gives and give whatever He takes... with a big smile."
Mother Teresa
Mother Teresa uttered this prayer when she had her dark night. When she can't even feel the presence of God, when she feels "alone -- empty -- excluded -- just not wanted".
Lord, isn't that too much?
Take whatever He gives...
Lord, I can accept all your blessings. security. emotionally, financially and physically.
But Lord, it's tough to accept the temptations. the storms. the uncertainty. I want to be caressed each and every day Lord. Why would I have to go through all that?
... and give whatever He takes...
Lord, You can take away all my concupiscence. my weaknesses. my selfishness.
But Lord, why would You take away things from me? Relationship. Health. Finance. All that I can hold on to.
... with a big smile.
This is the part that is just mind boggling. With a smile? Even with a frown, I am still ruminating on this two part of this one whole sentence.
Lord, this is my prayer this week. To be able to pray this prayer and incorporate it into my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment