Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Life

This post is a little bit late. I had originally thought of writing about it last week. But, as the adage says, "it's better to be late than nothing."


Life.


As I drove my way to Mishawaka, I suddenly had this spark on this richness of life that is within us. I originally had intended to stop writing blog posts after my last week post on death. But here I was then, knowing that death is not the final sentence to life. Life has the final says on life itself.


I believe that life is why life is worth living right here and now. I believe in the immortality of the soul. That death is not the end of it all. But ironically, "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it?"

We go about life like a check list sometimes. I know I do. Grade school. check. Junior High. check. High school. check. College. check. Work. check. We are told by the society that if we do certain things in life and fulfill certain tasks, we are on our way to be happy. But that's not what life is all about. We are human beings after all, not human doings. 

So, what are we to do?

"To be, or not to be: that is the question." William Shakespeare once says so. In order to know, we at first have to acknowledge the God who is and not the God who does. He is the one that created world ex nihilo.  He is the one that says, "I am who am." He is the one that says, "Be still, and know that I am God." He is the God that cares more about who you are than what you do. 

And after acknowledging His being: we want to discover His actions by asking:

Where is God in my daily activities?
What is the silver linings in which He has put so far in my being?
Am I giving everything that He takes and taking all that He gives to me each and every day?

I don't have all the answer either. But trust the bible, He will not give more than what we could take (1 Cor 10:13). And that's what make life so exciting. When we are faced with life's challenges, we know that it is there to strengthen our own being. Hence, let's cut off our slack, don't be a wimp, and enjoy life with all its trial and tribulation!

No comments: