Monday, December 20, 2010

Dream a dream

I went to my alma mater town this past weekend. Bittersweet feeling came with it as well. The path that I've walked in the past 4 years, that dreaded exams, the resistance of faith, and the friendships that flourished. As I was "studying" in the library, it just seemed like yesterday that I actually was there. I still remember pulling an all-nighter during my freshman year in that particular library with my then roommate before my math exam.

Anyway, I wasn't here to write about this experience. I was here to write about my dream last night. I dreamed about the world's poverty. I saw kids walking around shirtless, scratching for some leftovers in a trash can. I saw kids crying, when they lose a dime, because that is all that they have.

What am I? Always thinking that material possession that I have is never enough. CS Lewis once said, "Prosperity knits a man to the World. He feels he's finding his place in it, while really, it is finding its place in him."

So my hope for this Christmas is so that I may find myself humble, content with what I have, and be grateful for all He has given to me.

"O Lord, I take whatever You give, and give whatever You take, with a big smile."
Mother Teresa

No comments: