Tuesday, December 18, 2012

O Adonai - 2012

O Adonai, O Leader of the house of Israel, you appeared to Moses in the burning bush and you gave him the Law on Sinai: come, stretch out your arm and redeem us.

The Law

Dear Lord God, how many times do we see rules and regulations and we think of burdens and lack of freedom? In reality, you gave your Law to redeem us. Will I be happy if I disgrace my parents? Will I be happy if I steal from another human being? Will we be happier if the commandments "thou shall not kill" be obeyed?

Yet, here we are in the "already, but not yet" state. We still need Your grace. We need Your outstretch arm to scoop us out from this vale of tears. We need Your outstretch body who died on the cross to redeem us. So come O Lord, and save us: for only by Your cross and resurrection You have set us free.


No comments: