Friday, April 13, 2007

About reading the bible

some great resources that I think is helpful...

Q: My friend told me that you should read the bible in a certain order (I think starting with Matthew). Is this true or can I just read it from beginning to end nonstop?

This may seem like a difficult answer to hear, but, in essence, you’re both right, and you’re both wrong. Confused yet?

I’m just having fun with you, but I am saying (er, writing…) what I am with a point in mind. You see, your friend is correct in saying that you probably should read the Scriptures with a sort of “order” in mind, but that does not necessarily have to “begin” with St. Matthew’s Gospel (it’s not a bad place to start, but it’s also not the only place)...

read more here.

another one was:

Does the Word of God confuse you?

“…if we persevere we shall also reign with Him. But if we deny Him, He will deny us.” – 2 Timothy 2:12

SITUATION EXPLAINED
Does the Word of God confuse you?

SOLUTION OFFERED
Game shows drive me crazy. Every once in a while when I flip past one on the television, I stop and watch for a minute or two. I can’t stand them. Not because of the overexcited people or the lame sets, but because I always get questions wrong that I actually knew the answer to…why, you may ask? Because I second guess myself...

No comments: