Hey all! I finally got my internet and cable set up in my apt today! Yay!
Some updates:
1. Finally done unpacking, even though the apartment still look really messy, need to either throw all the notes and books or put it in a nicer box, we'll see.
2. Job has not started yet. It should have started today (8/25), but since the necessary document from immigration is not here yet, I will have to wait until I got it, which will take somewhere in between a couple days until a month or so.
The long story: so it should have taken the USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) 2 to 3 months to process my Optional Practical Training (OPT) Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Well, it has already been 4 months since I have been waiting for it to show up and I guess I still just have to be patient. The last status of my case is that "the card is being processed" and it will take up to 30 days for them to process it.
3. It's been 20 days since I left home home.
Home, in terms of noise level, is really noisy and hectic during the day since my home is also attached to my ware house, which also attach to where my mom office is located. Plus two of my nephews under the age of 4 and 6 lives in the house (who by the way, love to scream and jump around and do things that are really "safe"). That is just an insane amount of noises.
Back in my apartment, if there is no noise that I make, this apartment complex is really quite. That is just on the other flip side of the total havoc that I had been experiencing in the past thirty days while I was at home. I really mind the noise level in my house, really, but somehow... I miss it. I miss being around my family 24/7, I miss just having them talking and discussing thing and yelling and... just being a family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
got that feeling a lot esp. after coming back from holiday or when my parents/guests etc coming over here... suddenly the house goes back to silence again... ears entertained only by the creaking sound of the old wooden floor whenever i stepped on it.
I know it takes a while to get OPT, I got in 2 weeks.
You can find more info about OPT, job search and h1b visa atHappy Schools Blog
Post a Comment